|Pinoy Chicken Curry, kain po tayo!|
Filipino Style Chicken Curry
2-3 tbsp. of oil
1/2 kilo sliced chicken
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 large onion
A small slice of ginger, diced
1 tbsp. patis (fish sauce)
3 tbsp. curry powder
Salt and pepper
1 1/2 cup water
1 red bell pepper, quartered and cut diagonally
3 Regular sized potatoes
3 celery stalks, cut diagonally, 1 inch thick
1 cup gata (coconut milk)
1 small can of evaporated milk
1. Using 2-3 tbsp of oil, pan fry the potatoes until half cooked. Set aside.
2. In the same pan, fry the chicken pieces and brown a little. NOTE: WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT ADD ADDITIONAL OIL.
3. Put the chicken to one side of the pan. On the other side, add garlic, onion and ginger. Sauté for a few minutes until soft.
4. Pour in patis (fish sauce) and add the curry powder, salt and pepper. Stir for 2 minutes.
5. Add water. Cover the pan and bring to a boil over a medium heat.
6. Lower the heat. Add bell pepper and fried potatoes. Simmer for another 3 minutes or until half done.
7. Add the gata (coconut milk) and the evaporated milk. Stir occasionally. Cook for another 5 – 7 minutes or until done.
8. Remove from heat. Serve hot with steamed rice.
I’d be happy to hear back from you if you were successful or the tweaks you did on this one ☺